Architecture project management software is software that assists you in project management tasks such as budgeting, scheduling, planning, staffing, invoicing, and more.
This is not the same as architecture software. Architecture software is typically used to aid in the design of buildings. Architects can use it to draft and build models, as well as create plans to send to clients.
There are a few things to consider when looking for architecture project management software.
First, time tracking should be integrated into how software manages projects, staffs resources, and bills. Time is money in architecture, and there is no way to measure performance and profitability without using time as the primary metric.
Second, because architecture firms rarely have an in-house IT expert, they must be simple to administer and use.
Third, because architecture is unique in many ways, it is advantageous to use verticalized software, which is designed specifically for architects. Using software designed for lawyers, consultants, and architects will not address the unique workflow challenges you and your firm face on a daily basis.
With that in mind, here are the top ten best project management software for architects that we discovered.
Every aspect of Monograph was created by architects for architects.
Monograph was also built around the idea of time as the primary unit of measurement.
When employees use Monograph to track time, that time is automatically converted into insights in other areas of the platform, such as profitability, project progress, billing, and more.
- Get an overview of your projects, budgets, and tasks.
- With a single click, you can share project timelines with your clients.
- Establish and manage phases and milestones.
- Create a budget and a timetable.
- Project plans will help you resource your team.
- Estimate project hiring and staffing requirements.
- Online time tracking is simple and efficient.
- Examine individual workloads and work allocation.
- Keep track of expenses and overhead to help with financial reporting.
- Convert timesheets to invoices
- Discover the financial status of all your projects.
- View real-time profitability, project, and billable hour reporting.
Monograph is $40 per month per user (when paid annually). This includes all product features, onboarding, support, and product education at no extra cost—a feature not found elsewhere on this list.
This project management and accounting software hybrid was created in 2004 specifically for architecture and engineering firms.
Deltek Ajera was created in 2004, so some tools may be clunky and out of date.
- Real-time dashboards are included.
- Accounting software
- Tools for billing
- Payroll processing
- App for mobile devices
- Monitoring project time and costs
- Viewing employee data such as utilization and forecast workloads
For an exact cost, you must contact the company directly.
Outplanr is a project management and work management application.
You can create tasks for both work and personal use; the personal ones are kept private.
Because it isn’t designed specifically for architects, some of the tools may not fit quite right.
- Workload balancing is a feature.
- Logging of shared events and activities
- Create and manage tasks for yourself and your coworkers.
- Add external files
- Combine with other apps such as Slack and Google Calendar.
Outplanr will cost you between $15 and $250 per month, depending on the size of your team.
Xledger is a cloud-based ERP system that focuses on task automation and streamlining.
It assists small businesses in avoiding integration issues and unnecessary costs by combining the following apps into a single app:
- Business management
- Project preparation
This app was not designed with architects in mind, but it is customizable and scalable enough to suit most businesses.
- Billing and payroll are handled.
- Keeping Track of Expenses
- Integrates with existing systems and third-party vendors via web services, JSON data exchanges, and GraphQL
Unfortunately, you must contact the company directly to obtain an exact price.
Taimer is an excellent choice for project management. It includes the majority of the typical project management features that an architect might require.
Taimer’s goal is to make your job easier. They estimate that Taimer can replace 10 or more apps.
Taimer excels at customer relationship management (CRM). Download their software to improve your client communication.
Taimer was not designed with architects in mind. There is a free eGuide to using their software as an architect available.
- Project management software
- Time management and resource allocation
- Task administration
- Tools for team collaboration, such as project messenger
- Tools for invoicing
- Expenses and billing
- Dashboards in real time
- Integrates with over 15 platforms, including Google Calendar and Quickbooks.
Taimer costs between $15 and $30 per month per user.
There are numerous advantages for architects to begin using project management software, those are:
- To be more profitable, reduce non-billable work.
- To stay on time and on budget, keep track of projects.
- Reports can provide real-time visibility into costs.
- Make better decisions by forecasting the pipeline
Have you used any of the software we recommended?
Do you have a preference? How have they aided you in project management?
Please let us know in the comments section below!